Monday, April 9, 2007

ONE OF THE WORST DISASTERS

I was a little kid when WWII was shaking the world, but I vaguely remember listening, with my parents, to the President of the United States asking Congress for permission to declare war on Japan, Germany and Italy.

I remember Harry Truman asking the joint session of Congress to o.k. the "police action" in Korea.

I do NOT, however, remember Dubya Bush asking anyone for permission to declare war on Iraq. I do vaguely remember him (during his first term) remarking something to the effect that he wanted to be a "war president".

I do not remember George Bush asking if it would be allright to violate Americans civil rights by spying on the entire populace. I do not remember him asking if it would be allright to take away any of my freedoms. Side note for GW: I do not remember you asking me if I approved of this "North American Union" fiasco. Did it slip your mind?

There's talk of a "National ID Card". Don't be mislead. It is not designed to snare illegal aliens. Mr. Bush, sir, when did it become allright to be able to track all movements, all locations of all American citizens? Especially since you don't seem to be able to track at least 35 million aliens in this country?

I am appreciative of the abilities of programmers to give all of us instant communication and the goodness of the internet. I really enjoy surfing. On the other hand, I can see absolutely no practical use, to me, of the RFID chip. You can, apparently, following anything I buy to anywhere I choose to place it. And it's very cheap. And they are now capable of being made so small they can be injected into the human body when you get a shot. Without your knowing it has happened. Why is this technology needed, Mr. President?

Sir, when did it become allright to expand Bill Clinton's wire tapping programs? Do you really need to follow my conversations when I call my daughter to ask her when she will be visiting me? Or when I call for pizza delivery, must you be aware of what toppings I prefer?

I can recall learning that one of the major causes of the American Revolution against England was the arrogance and authoritarianism of the King of England. King George, that is.

No comments: