Thursday, April 19, 2007

SOME THINGS ARE DIFFICULT

It's been a few days since I have posted anything. Not that interesting stuff isn't happening in New Mexico. But I've been in a kind of blue funk since the horror of VA Tech.
I have no intention of giving in to it, yet it has affected me greatly. There are events that cause one to smile, to laugh, to cry, to sob and run a gamut of emotions. But what happened in Virginia doesn't leave one much intellectual room to launch even satirical attacks on those who so richly them.
I'll get over this soon and be back making war on the idiocies of politicians and people in power, but for the time being there is not much joy in my little Mudville.
I intend to apply some kind of logic to the "pundits" who are telling us how to avoid this kind of happening, the overreactions of some cities and school districts, the lack of a unified mental health program and those who are screaming for the old bugaboo of gun control.
Please bear with me.
Love, Catmoves.

2 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Think we're all in that funk, right now. It's what gives me hope - the majority of us do actually care about our fellow human beings, and empathise when something so devastating is visited upon others.

Let's also remember, the mentally ill man who committed this terrible act, also had parents. I cannot imagine the grief of any of the parents who are living through this nightmare, but my heart goes out to all of them.

Lin said...

Please, don't let these senseless horrors get you down longer any than appropriate. Maybe you need to turn off the media assault for a while. If so, you are welcomed to retreat back 100 years to our ranch because I'm sure going to miss your level-headed insights if you don't get back on top soon.