Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HOUSES OF SAN DIEGO AND STUFF

This picture is of two "houses" near San Diego, California. My auntie lives nearby and we had to take the pics. The boats have been remodeled to be honest to goodness liveable "land boats". Well, they couldn't be "house boats" could they? The picture will enlarge by clicking on it. (P.S., I didn't say anything about "strange people in California" to her either.) This post is meant to give you a little respite from the usual serious stuff I blog about. Enjoy. And don't forget to click on the header. _______________________________________________________________-- Dear Dogs and Cats, PET RULES The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest. The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run. I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm. For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years -- canine or feline attendance is not required. The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough! To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:
To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets: 1. They live here. You don't. 2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people. 4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly. Remember: In many ways, dogs and cats are better than kids because they: 1. Eat less 2. Don't ask for money all the time 3. Are easier to train 4. Normally come when called 5. Never ask to drive the car 6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends 7. Don't smoke or drink 8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions 9. Don't want to wear your clothes 10. Don't need a "gazillion" dollars for college. And finally, 11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children ________________________________________________________________ Women and Cats
I've never understood why women love cats. Cats are independent, they don't listen, they don't come in when you call, they like to stay out all night and when they're home, they like to be left alone and sleep. In other words, every quality that women hate in a man, they love in a cat. ________________________________________________________________ At a nursing home in Miami, Florida, a group of Senior Citizens were sitting around talking about their ailments: "My arms are so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee,"said one. "Yes, I know. My cataracts are so bad I can't even see my coffee," replied another. "I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck,"said a third, to which several nodded weakly in agreement. "My blood pressure pills make me dizzy,".... another went on. "I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man as he slowly shook his head. Then there was a short moment of silence. "Well, it's not that bad," said one woman cheerfully."Thank God we can all still drive." _______________________________________________________ This has to be news to the Brits...But not David, I betcha... "Australia Finds a New Power Source -- Beer" -- London Times headline _______________________________________________________ President Felipe Calderon of Mexico has announced that Mexico will not participate in the next Summer Olympics. He explained "Anyone who can run, jump or swim has already left the country." _______________________________________________________ What kind of cat are you? http://cats.about.com/cs/gamespuzzles/l/blwhatkind_one.htm I turned out to be a Bengal. _________________________________________________________________ A good piece of chocolate has about 200 calories. Since I enjoy two servings per night and a few more on weekends, I consume 3,500 calories of chocolate in a week, which equals one pound of weight per week. Therefore, in the last three and a half years, I have had a chocolate caloric intake of about 180 pounds. I only weigh 165 pounds, so without chocolate, I would have wasted away to nothing about three months ago.I owe my life to chocolate! _________________________________________________________________ One more entry to click on (don't forget the header). http://www.rru.com/webodor/

No comments: