Monday, May 28, 2007

MEMORIAL DAY FOR AMERICA

A day of remembrance. A time of recalling fallen comrades, living comrades, the heroes of our days. Relatives, friends, acquaintances, men and women we never met, those we need to remember. Here, a web site that says it well for me: http://www.vaincourt.homestead.com/Common_Soldier.html .

My visits to the VA Hospital vets living there have had to be curtailed for the past few years, but I still remember.

As for what America has to do in Iraq and Afghanistan I quote William Pitt: "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. -- William Pitt, 1783."

We need to remind all our elected officials that, unhappily, President Bush and his advisers have gotten us into a quagmire that seems to promise us a long, long war. A needless death and destruction battle that never should have happened. We need to tell them that it is time to end our participation. And release the few allies we have there, that we appreciate the effort but it's time they saved the lives of their own citizens.

I can think of no better way to show our love and caring to our veterans than to send these officials an email asking them to end this pointless war.

Please watch the video on this site called "Remember Me".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Memorial Day.

Thanks for leaving a wee comment on my old blog 'toiletpaper', I have now jumped ship from Google, and in wordpress.com now and have a fresh new blog. I extend an invitation. Catch me at:

http://suz50.wordpress.com

Cheers,
Deb

Lin said...

Catmoves,
Thanks for the wonderful words and the link. You went and got my sinuses all blocked up again - but some things are worth it.

Catmoves said...

Thank you suz50 and lin. I'll be there shortly suz.
I'm sorry lin. I didn't intend to write a sad post.